This has been one of those major bucketlist items for me – to see the tulips in full bloom in the Netherlands. Here are some quick tips and some photos to inspire you as well 🙂
- Visiting the tulip fields is entirely do-able in a day. There’s a shuttle service from Schipol Airport, Amsterdam Central or from Leiden as well, they all take you to the main entrance of the Keukenhof Gardens.
- While the gardens are beautiful with plenty of amazing tulips (my favourite flowers!), they are what the name suggests: gardens, and not tulip fields. It’s the ‘Flower Bulb Region’ where you can experience the big, colourful fields and explore them by bike or on foot.
- Check the THIS WEBSITE to find out what’s the best period to visit the park as this can differ each year, as the blooming of the tulips depends strongly on the temperature during winter and spring time. You can find weekly flower updates on this site or even sign up for a flower update newsletter (too cute!)
- (If possible) DON’T visit the gardens during weekend days – there are 100000 times as many tourists than during weekdays & sometimes it just gets to the point when you can actually suffer proper selfie stick related injuries…
- Kop van Noord-Holland is the world’s biggest single flower bulb field! Definitely worth a visit as well.